The Ants are a family of mobs exclusively found in the Ant Challenge. 20 bees are required to reach the Ant Challenge, in which the player fights waves of ants before the timer runs out. The level and health of the ants gradually increase as the player completes more rounds in the ant challenge.
There are 5 types of ants. Only giant ants, army ants, and flying ants give bond upon defeat. Giant ants give 3 bond each, while army and flying ants give 1 bond to each of your bees (not accounting for Bond From Battle, though it is usually too small of a boost to change the amount). The bond from ants doesn't appear as a notification.
Ants move in a predetermined straight line and deals damage upon contact. They only have about 25 health at level one and are by far the least threatening of the five ant types, as they are often completely avoidable. They are the most common ant and will always appear in the first few waves.
Fire Ants are colored red and act the same as regular ants, but they leave a damaging fire trail behind them when they move. The flames will linger even after the fire ant that left it is defeated. The fire disappears after a short amount of time. Fire ants typically spawn in the later waves, such as after the first giant ant. Noted by Panda Bear, the fire from a fire ant is not affected by Defense. This also means if the player is in the Emergency Coconut Shield they will still take damage from the fire.
Giant Ants are enormous versions of the normal ant that relentlessly pursue the player. They are relatively slow, making it so that if the player constantly moves away, it cannot reach them. However, they have large amounts of health (about 10 times the health of an ordinary ant) and high attack power to compensate. Because of their high health, they can 'tank' hits from bees and allow their smaller, faster comrades to attack the player without any chance of being defeated. Their size makes them harder to avoid. A giant ant will spawn every five waves (5th, 10th, 15th, etc.)
Army Ants have army helmets on their heads and will pursue the player, much like flying and giant ants. They have the ability to pounce, have a higher damage output, and have a little more health than normal and fire ants (about 35 at level one). Less damage is dealt to these ants because of its defense. Army ants can spawn as early as the first wave, but they usually start appearing at around the second or third waves. If they appear, they occasionally spawn in waves, but not always.
Flying Ants are ants with wings. They are the fastest out of the five ant types and have the ability to pounce on players from a considerably farther distance than the army ant. However, the twist is that they also have low health, similar to the amount of an army ant or even sometimes a normal one. Flying ants can spawn as early as the first wave, but they usually start appearing at around the second or third wave. They have larger damage than a normal ant.
Use in Quests
- After completing Panda Bear's Gold Egg questline, Panda Bear has 15 Ant Quests. Each of these quests requires the player to defeat several ants, with an occasional other requirement added in. Each ant quest grants at least one ticket and one ant pass. Most of the quests also grant royal jellies. The main prizes from the questline are the diamond egg (after five ant quests), star egg (after ten), and star treat (after all 15).
- Each of Onett's five Star Journey quests requires the player to defeat ants along with several other requirements.
- In Sun Bear's second visit, he has some quests that require the player to defeat normal ants and giant ants.
- Science Bear's "Limits of Language" quest requires defeating ants along with several other requirements.
- Gifted Bucko Bee's "Bombard" and "Picnic" quests require the player to defeat ants and army ants.
- Gifted Riley Bee's "Rampage" and "Picnic" quests require the player to defeat fire ants.
- In Gummy Bear's Beesmas 2020 quest, "Gummy Bear's Goo Years Beacon", he asks for the player to defeat 75 ants. This quest is no longer obtainable
- If the player is lagging, they might automatically leave the ant challenge upon entering because they "left".
- Like other mobs, lagging can make the ants and lawnmowers invisible or frozen, leading to being damaged or killed out of nowhere.
- If the player has Haste+, and they run to the hill, they will become stuck and will not be able to get out unless they rejoin, reset, or when someone else does the challenge. When another player starts the ant challenge, the stuck player will be kicked out.
- Jumping usually helps get away from army ants, flying ants, and giant ants (A Parachute or Glider will help in this strategy).
- Bees will focus on one ant at a time, and if you want one in specific defeated, just get closer to it than any other ant and your bees will do the work.
- Getting higher level bees is also a way to make sure that your bees will hit. Obtaining Vicious Bee is also useful along with bees with high attacks like Lion Bee, Cobalt Bee, Crimson Bee,and Brave Bee, etc.
- Sticking on the front side of the window can make it easier to notice the lawnmowers approaching and easily dodge.
- When a wave starts, press your body on the glass wall opposite the ant mount to avoid ants pouncing/landing on you when they spawn.
- Normal and fire ants, along with Wild Windy Bee, Rogue Vicious Bee, Mondo Chick, Stick Bug, and stick nymphs are the only mobs that does not grant battle points when defeated.
- All ants, along with the Coconut Crab, cave monsters, and Snowbear are the only mobs to not drop honey upon defeat.
- Ants, Snowbear, Commando Chick, Stick Bug, and Wild Windy Bee are the only mobs that can reach levels that exceed possible bee levels (level 21 or higher)
- Ants and Stick Bug don't have a respawn timer or time range, unlike other mobs. The only way to spawn them is by starting a challenge.
- The amount and types of ants vary for each round, and it's possible to get a different score each time.
- Ants, Aphids, Chicks, and Stick Nymphs (Festive Nymphs) are the only mobs that come in different varieties.
|Normal||Ladybug • Rhino Beetle • Aphid • Spider • Mantis • Scorpion • Werewolf • Cave Monster • Ants • Stick Nymph|
|Mini-Bosses||Rogue Vicious Bee • Wild Windy Bee • Stump Snail • Commando Chick • Snowbear|
|Bosses||King Beetle • Tunnel Bear • Stick Bug • Coconut Crab • Mondo Chick|
|Passive||Firefly • Bean Bug • Frog • Chick • Hostage Chick • Spotted Chick|