The Bean Bug is a passive mob that can randomly appear in any field, be spawned through the Wind Shrine, or be manually spawned by Onett. They often naturally spawn in one field in groups of 3 or more and later split up.
When they spawn, they spit 1-3 jelly bean tokens in volleys over the field which any player can pick up. They then hop to another location on the field and spit more. The tokens only last for a few seconds, much less time than the tokens spawned from regular jelly beans. After 7-15 volleys of jelly beans, the bean bugs hop to other fields to spit jelly beans. This process repeats until they despawn after a while.
Players are unable to damage it, nor can it damage players.
- This, frogs, fireflies, chicks, spotted chicks, and hostage chicks are the only passive mobs in the game, as they cannot deal damage to players.
- They were first introduced in the 9/28/2019 update when Sun Bear accidentally released the bean bugs. They dropped jelly bean tokens that were used in his quests.
- Sometimes, they can get stuck in various areas, including the Mushroom Field, Cactus Field, Bamboo Field, Basic Bee Gate, and fields that have collidable (solid) object(s) while jumping. If they get stuck, they can’t change course and will remain useless until despawning. Onett joked about this being "natural selection".
- These and fireflies are the only passive mobs that are able to produce tokens.
- This and Stick Bug are the only mobs being able to spawn a debuff. Stick Bug can spawn the Splinter Trap, and bean bugs can spawn spoiled jelly beans.
|Normal||Ladybug • Rhino Beetle • Aphid • Spider • Mantis • Scorpion • Werewolf • Cave Monster • Ants • Stick Nymph|
|Mini-Bosses||Rogue Vicious Bee • Wild Windy Bee • Stump Snail • Commando Chick|
|Bosses||King Beetle • Tunnel Bear • Stick Bug • Coconut Crab • Mondo Chick|
|Passive||Firefly • Bean Bug • Frog • Chick • Hostage Chick • Spotted Chick|