Bees are one of the main features of Bee Swarm Simulator. They follow the player around, collect pollen from fields, and defend their beekeeper from mobs and bosses. Bees are one of the primary sources for collecting pollen, as they do it automatically and most bees produce ability tokens. Upon returning to the hive, they will convert pollen into honey, the main currency used in shops to buy items. The hive is also where bees sleep when they run out of energy, or where they rest if their beekeeper dies or resets, doing so for about 15 seconds before returning to work. When a bee runs out of energy, a message in the player’s notifications or chat will pop out saying: ”😴[Bee’s name] is out of energy! It’s going to sleep.”
As bees gather pollen, fight mobs, and consume treats and other items, the bees' bond with their beekeeper grows, increasing their level after reaching a certain threshold. Higher level bees are capable of collecting and converting more pollen into honey and having more energy to work longer (with the exception of Photon Bee and Exhausted Bee, who both have unlimited energy), and being able to attack higher level mobs.
Bees are hatched from eggs, with the probability of hatching a bee of a certain rarity or type depending on the type of egg (i.e. a Gold Egg can hatch into an Epic, Legendary, or Mythic). The player can change the type of an already-hatched bee by applying a royal jelly or another egg. Once the 25 default hive slots are completely filled up with bees, the player can expand their hive by buying extra hive slots from the Mountain Top Shop. While hive slots increase in price exponentially, this allows the player to have 25 extra hive slots for a maximum of 50 bees. However, it is now possible to exceed the limit of 50 bees using mechanics that allow the player to have temporary bees, such as Onett's Lid Art, Honeyday Candles, and Gummy Siege. It is also possible through inferno.
The eight types of eggs are basic eggs, silver eggs, gold eggs, diamond eggs, star eggs, mythic eggs, specific bee eggs, and event bee eggs along with gifted variants of silver/gold/diamond/mythic eggs.
There are currently 45 bee types that can be discovered and collected, but only 44 can be obtained without spending robux, as Bear Bee requires robux to be purchased.
A gifted bee is a type of bee that has improved stats and gives the entire hive or the player a bonus which varies from bee to bee and cannot stack. Some gifted bees have their own gifted abilities, and most Gifted Event bees have enhanced abilities, such as Photon Bee's beamstorm. There is a 1/8000 (0.0125%) chance that feeding a Rare bee its favorite treat will make it gifted, a 1/1000 (0.01%) chance for Epic bees, a 1/12000 (0.0083%) chance for both Legendary bees and Common bees, and a 1/25000 (0.004%) chance for Mythic bees. In addition, there is a 1/250 (0.4%) chance of getting a gifted bee by using royal jelly or by hatching it from a basic egg. There is also a guaranteed chance of getting a gifted bee from a star jelly, feeding them a star treat, or hatching one from a star egg. There is also a 1% chance of getting a gifted bee from Gingerbread Bears, which are available in the Beesmas 2020-2021 event for a limited time, and a 1,1% chance from Aged Gingerbread Bears, which is also available when they haven't used the gingerbread bears in Beesmas 2020 yet.
Bee Stats Table
|Name||Rarity||Color||Energy||Speed||Attack||Gather Amount||Gather Speed||Conversion Amount||Conversion Speed||Other Stats||Gifted Hive Bonus||Tokens||Passive Abilities|
|Basic Bee||Common||Colorless||20||14||1||10 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||4 s||-||x1.2 Pollen||-||-|
|Bomber Bee||Rare||Colorless||20||15.4||2||10 Pollen||4 s||120 Honey||4 s||-||+15% Bomb Pollen||-|
|Brave Bee||Rare||Colorless||30||16.8||5||10 Pollen||4 s||200 Honey||4 s||-||+1 Bee Attack||-||-|
|Bumble Bee||Rare||Blue||50||10.5||1||18 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||4 s||-||x1.1 Capacity||-|
|Cool Bee||Rare||Blue||20||14||2||10 Pollen||3 s||120 Honey||4 s||-||+15% Blue Pollen||-|
|Hasty Bee||Rare||Colorless||20||19.6||1||10 Pollen||3 s||80 Honey||3 s||-||+20% Player Movespeed||-|
|Looker Bee||Rare||Colorless||20||14||1||13 Pollen||4 s||160 Honey||4 s||-||+25% Critical Power||-|
|Rad Bee||Rare||Red||20||14||1||13 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||3 s||-||+15% Red Pollen||-|
|Rascal Bee||Rare||Red||20||16.1||3||10 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||4 s||-||+30% Red Bomb Pollen||-|
|Stubborn Bee||Rare||Colorless||20||11.9||2||10 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||3 s||-||+20% Ability Token Lifespan||-|
|Bubble Bee||Epic||Blue||20||16.1||3||10 Pollen||4 s||160 Honey||4 s||-||+50% Bubble Pollen|
|Bucko Bee||Epic||Blue||30||15.4||5||17 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||3 s||-||+20% Blue Field Capacity||-|
|Commander Bee||Epic||Colorless||30||14||4||15 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||4 s||-||+3% Critical Chance||-|
|Demo Bee||Epic||Colorless||20||16.8||3||10 Pollen||4 s||200 Honey||4 s||-||+30% Buzz Bomb Pollen||-|
|Exhausted Bee||Epic||Colorless||Unlimited||10.5||1||10 Pollen||4.6 s||240 Honey||4 s||-||+20% White Field Capacity||-|
|Fire Bee||Epic||Red||25||11.2||4||10 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||4 s||-||+50% Flame Pollen|
|Frosty Bee||Epic||Blue||25||11.2||1||10 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||4 s||-||+30% Blue Bomb Pollen||-|
|Honey Bee||Epic||Colorless||20||14||1||10 Pollen||4 s||360 Honey||2 s||-||x1.5 Honey From Tokens||-|
|Rage Bee||Epic||Red||20||15.4||4||10 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||4 s||-||+1 Bee Attack||-|
|Riley Bee||Epic||Red||25||15.4||5||10 Pollen||2 s||140 Honey||4 s||-||+20% Red Field Capacity||-|
|Shocked Bee||Epic||Colorless||20||19.6||2||10 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||2 s||+25% White Pollen||-|
|Baby Bee||Legendary||Colorless||15||10.5||0||10 Pollen||5 s||80 Honey||5 s||-||+25% Loot Luck||-|
|Carpenter Bee||Legendary||Colorless||25||11.2||4||10 Pollen||3 s||120 Honey||4 s||-||+25% Pollen From Tools||-|
|Demon Bee||Legendary||Red||20||10.5||8||35 Pollen||4 s||60 Honey||4 s||-||+15% Instant Bomb Conversion|
|Diamond Bee||Legendary||Blue||20||14||1||10 Pollen||4 s||1000 Honey||4 s||-||x1.2 Convert Rate|
|Lion Bee||Legendary||Colorless||60||19.6||9||20 Pollen||4 s||160 Honey||2 s||-||+2 Colorless Bee Attack||-|
|Music Bee||Legendary||Colorless||20||16.1||1||16 Pollen||4 s||240 Honey||4 s||-||+25% Pollen From Bee Gathering||-|
|Ninja Bee||Legendary||Blue||20||21||4||10 Pollen||2 s||80 Honey||3 s||-||+5% Bee Movespeed||-|
|Shy Bee||Legendary||Red||40||18.2||2||10 Pollen||2 s||320 Honey||4 s||-||+5% Bee Ability Pollen|
|Buoyant Bee||Mythic||Blue||60||14||3||15 Pollen||5 s||150 Honey||3 s||-||x1.2 Capacity|
|Fuzzy Bee||Mythic||Colorless||50||11.9||3||100 Pollen||6 s||40 Honey||6 s||-||x1.1 Bomb Power|
|Precise Bee||Mythic||Red||40||11.2||8||20 Pollen||4 s||130 Honey||4 s||+3% Super-Crit Chance|
|Spicy Bee||Mythic||Red||20||14||5||14 Pollen||4 s||200 Honey||2 s||-||+25% Flame Duration|
|Tadpole Bee||Mythic||Blue||10||11.2||0.5||10 Pollen||6 s||120 Honey||4 s||-||+10% Blue Pollen, +25% Instant Bubble Conversion|
|Vector Bee||Mythic||Colorless||45.6||16.24||5||18 Pollen||4 s||144 Honey||2.72 s||-||+15% Mark Duration||-|
|Bear Bee||Event||Colorless||35||14||5||15 Pollen||2 s||200 Honey||2 s||-||+10% Pollen||-|
|Cobalt Bee||Event||Blue||35||18.2||6||10 Pollen||4 s||120 Honey||3 s||-||+10% Instant Blue Conversion||-|
|Crimson Bee||Event||Red||35||18.2||6||10 Pollen||4 s||120 Honey||3 s||-||+10% Instant Red Conversion||-|
|Festive Bee||Event||Red||20||16.1||1||40 Pollen||4 s||150 Honey||1 s||-||+15% Red Pollen||-|
|Gummy Bee||Event||Colorless||50||14||3||10 Pollen||4s||700 Honey||4s||-||+5% Honey Per Pollen||-|
|Photon Bee||Event||Colorless||Unlimited||21||3||20 Pollen||2 s||240 Honey||2 s||-||+5% Instant Conversion||-|
|Puppy Bee||Event||Colorless||40||16.1||2||25 Pollen||4 s||280 Honey||4 s||-||+20% Bond From Treats||-|
|Tabby Bee||Event||Colorless||28||16.1||4||10 - 110 Pollen||4 s||160 - 1760 Honey||3 s||-||+50% Critical Power||-|
|Vicious Bee||Event||Blue||50||17.5||8||10 Pollen||4 s||80 Honey||4 s||-||-15% Monster Respawn Time||-|
|Windy Bee||Event||Colorless||20||19.6||3||10 Pollen||3 s||180 Honey||2 s||-||+15% Instant White Conversion, x2 Boosts From Clouds||-|
- The Mythic bee type is the first and only bee rarity type to be added in an update.
- Buoyant Bee is the only bee to NOT dislike a field.
- Carpenter Bee, Commander Bee, and Exhausted Bee are the bees with the most amount letters in their names, with 9 letters.
- Rad Bee and Shy Bee are the bees with the least amount of letters in their names, with only 3.
- If the player's internet is lagging (slow internet), the bees have a high chance of being slower at fighting mobs, making honey, and collecting pollen.
- If the player moves off the pad in front of their hive while converting honey, the bees will stop converting. However, they will not if the player only barely leaves the hive.
- Moving closer to the hive will cause bees to convert honey faster as they will not need to fly as far to get to the player and back.
- If the player gets too far from their bees, they will fly to the player, ignoring every flower and mob in the way.
- When bees are sleeping in their hive slot, they emit faint "Z" particles for a little while until they wake.
- If the player jumps with over 20 jump power while their bees are making honey, they will stop converting.
- The higher level the player's bees are, the more effective they are at attacking, converting and collecting.
- The average attack of a bee is approximately 3 (In exact terms, it's 3.011628...).
- All event bees have only one disliked field (with the exception of Windy Bee, which dislikes two).
- Before a bee produces a token, it will spin and emit white sparkles. However, if a bee gives off green sparkles, that means the bee is about to collect critical pollen or do critical damage.
- The marshmallow bee is the only "item bee". However, it and Digital Bee are the only existing bees that can not be part of the hive.
- All bees of the legendary rarity or higher have a “special” physical feature (e.g., Lion Bee’s mane, Festive Bee’s “lid”, Tadpole Bee’s size and trail, Gummy Bee's translucent body, etc.). Some Epic bees also have at least one feature (e.g., Commander Bee's helmet).
- Legendary and Mythic are the only rarities of bee that can be used to activate the special pads found around the map; Legendary for the Honeystorm and Special Sprout Summoner, and Mythic for the Mythic Meteor Shower Summoner.
- Not counting Common, the Mythic rarity is the rarity that contains the least amount of bees, with only 6.
- The epic rarity has the most bees, with 11.
- Exhausted Bee and Photon Bee will still go to their hive and rest when a player dies/resets, despite their unlimited energy.
- The maximum amount of bees the player can have at one time is 150. This can be achieved if the player has 50 Spicy Bees that all simultaneously produced inferno and 2 Fire Bees. During Beesmas 2020 and Beesmas 2021, the maximum amount of bees the player can have at one time is 166. From the previous total of 150, 3 Gummy Bees can be summoned from the Gummy Siege, 3 bees from Onett's Lid Art (including a level 20 Bumble Bee and a level 1 Baby Bee), a level 20 Honey Bee from Honey Bee's Honey Wreath, and a maximum of 9 bees from the Honeyday Candles.
- There are no bees that start with A, I, J, K, O, Q, U, X, Y, or Z. (10/26 letters of the English alphabet).
- All gifted bees have a star on the model.
- Mythic bees are the only rarity to not have a gate representing it.
- Chance of getting a mythic bee from a basic egg is unconfirmed but possible.
- In order, the color of the hive slots according to rarity are:
- Bronze (Common).
- White (Rare).
- Yellow (Epic).
- Light Blue (Legendary).
- Purple (Mythic).
- Green (Event).
The bee(s) with the most:
- Base Attack: Lion Bee (9).
- Base Speed: Ninja Bee and Photon Bee (21).
- Base Conversion: Diamond Bee (250/sec).
- Base Energy: Photon Bee and Exhausted Bee (Unlimited).
- Base Energy Excluding Unlimited: Lion Bee and Buoyant Bee (60)
- Base Gather Amount: Fuzzy Bee (16.7/sec).
- Conversion: Tabby Bee [1000x Tabby Love] (533/sec).
- Gather Amount: Tabby Bee [1000x Tabby Love] (25/sec).
- Abilities: Fuzzy Bee, Spicy Bee, Tadpole Bee, Buoyant Bee (4).
The bee(s) with the least:
- Base Attack: Baby Bee (0).
- Base Attack (~0): Tadpole Bee (0.5).
- Base Speed: Baby, Bumble Bee, Exhausted Bee, and Demon Bee (10.5).
- Base Conversion: Fuzzy Bee (6.7/sec).
- Base Energy: Tadpole Bee (10).
- Base Gather Amount: Tadpole Bee(1.7/sec).
- Abilities: Basic Bee and Brave Bee (0).
|Common & Rare||Basic Bee • Bomber Bee • Brave Bee • Bumble Bee • Cool Bee • Hasty Bee • Looker Bee • Rad Bee • Rascal Bee • Stubborn Bee|
|Epic||Bubble Bee • Bucko Bee • Commander Bee • Demo Bee • Exhausted Bee • Fire Bee • Frosty Bee • Honey Bee • Rage Bee • Riley Bee • Shocked Bee|
|Legendary||Baby Bee • Carpenter Bee • Demon Bee • Diamond Bee • Lion Bee • Music Bee • Ninja Bee • Shy Bee|
|Mythic||Buoyant Bee • Fuzzy Bee • Precise Bee • Spicy Bee • Tadpole Bee • Vector Bee|
|Event||Bear Bee • Cobalt Bee • Crimson Bee • Festive Bee • Gummy Bee • Photon Bee • Puppy Bee • Tabby Bee • Vicious Bee • Windy Bee|