The Cave Monster is a level 11 mob that spawns inside the Werewolf's Cave. They are very similar in appearance to the spider and they make eerie whispering noises when the user gets close to them. They have no eyes and a scary shaped face, making them look creepier if visible. In the back of the cave is a gold egg (which is most likely the main point of the Cave Monsters). The best way to reach it is to have Haste x4 or higher.
It is possible to defeat cave monsters, but defeating one only gives 1 battle point and no honey, tickets, or gumdrops. However, cave monsters do have an unknown chance of dropping a Honey Bee egg. They don't count as spiders towards quests from bears. It takes 30 minutes for a cave monster to respawn, just like the respawn time of the spider (25 minutes 30 seconds with the Gifted Vicious Bee hive bonus).
An active honeystorm makes it bright enough to see the two cave monsters inside the cave.
- 1 battle point.
- Honey Bee egg (Rare).
- Onett had stated that cave monsters have a rare drop and can only be obtained by defeating them, but he also said that the drop is not very useful. This was later confirmed to be a Honey Bee egg. Onett has also jokingly stated that "Saving the honey bee from the cave monsters was the ultimate goal of Bee Swarm Simulator".
- If a player is inside the cave, their noises can be heard throughout the map.
- Cave monsters were the first mob to be able to instantly kill the player, and one of two mobs that instantly kill the player upon touching them, the second being Tunnel Bear.
- This makes the cave monsters the most lethal non-boss.
- Cave monsters have the 2nd highest base level of any mob in-game, with the Coconut Crab having the highest. However, Stick Bug, ants, Wild Windy Bee, and aphids can all be over level 20, which would place them at 3rd.
- Cave monsters, King Beetle, Tunnel Bear, Rogue Vicious Bee, Stick Bug, Wild Windy Bee, and aphids are the only mobs who don't belong to any particular fields.
- Unlike many other mobs and bosses, cave monsters don't wait before they lunge at the player, meaning they lunge the instant they reach the player.
- There were four cave monsters at first, but two have been removed.
- Cave monsters have the fewest possible amount of drops in the game.
- These and ants are the only mobs that don't drop honey upon death.
- Cave monsters are currently the mobs with a set respawn time that quest givers do not require defeats from.
|Normal||Ladybug • Rhino Beetle • Aphid • Spider • Mantis • Scorpion • Werewolf • Cave Monster • Ants • Stick Nymph|
|Mini-Bosses||Rogue Vicious Bee • Wild Windy Bee • Stump Snail • Commando Chick|
|Bosses||King Beetle • Tunnel Bear • Stick Bug • Coconut Crab • Mondo Chick|
|Passive||Firefly • Bean Bug • Frog • Chick • Hostage Chick • Spotted Chick|