As soon as nighttime begins, a group of eight fireflies will spawn above the Star Hall. These fireflies will then fly to a random field and land in a circle, a smile, or a crescent formation, facing the middle of their group. You can nudge a firefly off its position by walking close to it. If you nudge a firefly away, the flower the firefly sat on will sparkle, creating a token when harvested. When all eight fireflies get nudged away and fly up, a moon charm token (in increments of 1, 5, or 10), a Glitter token (very rare), a star jelly token (extremely rare), a night bell token (extremely rare), or a star treat token (exceptionally rare) will appear in the middle of the firefly formation. The fireflies will do this cycle in one field three times, and afterwards, they will target a new field and repeat the process of cycles until nighttime ends.
Fireflies can fly to the Spider Field, Bamboo Field, Strawberry Field, Pineapple Patch, Cactus Field, or the Rose Field. As soon as daytime arrives, the fireflies will fly back above the Star Hall, and then eventually disappear.
- The faces of fireflies look similar to the face of a Gummy Bee.
- Fireflies, frogs, and bean bugs are the only passive mobs in the game.
- Fireflies were the first passive mob to get added to the game.
- Some servers experience a glitch when the fireflies fly from the Strawberry Field to the Cactus Field. This happens when the fireflies stop in mid-air, still forming a circle. No matter how players try to nudge them, they will not fly away until daytime begins.
- Fireflies and nighttime function properly even while the Stick Bug Challenge occurs. If nighttime does not end before the challenge ends, the normal daytime music plays instead of the nighttime tune. This also means fireflies stay along with the remaining time that nighttime lasts.
|Normal||Ladybug • Rhino Beetle • Aphid • Spider • Mantis • Scorpion • Werewolf • Cave Monster • Ants • Stick Nymph|
|Bosses||Rogue Vicious Bee • Wild Windy Bee • King Beetle • Tunnel Bear • Stump Snail • Stick Bug • Coconut Crab|
|Passive||Fireflies • Bean Bug • Frog|