He takes about 1 day to respawn after being defeated (20 hours and 24 minutes with a Gifted Vicious Bee). The rewards for defeating him vary, but always include 150 battle points, as well as some honey, royal jelly, tickets, and bond.There is a one-in-seven (about 14%) chance that he will drop a King Beetle Amulet when defeated. Having more loot luck increases the probabilities of other drops, but doesn’t improve the probability of a King Beetle Amulet dropping. After the 2/1/2019 update, King Beetle drops honey tokens and rewards in a token circle around the place of his death like all other mobs (except for Stump Snail and Rogue Vicious Bee) unless the player receives a King Beetle Amulet.
- 150 battle points.
- 250 bond.
- 1,000,000 honey (multiplied by Honey From Tokens if no amulet is rewarded).
- 100 treats.
- 1-5 royal jellies.
- 5 tickets.
- 150 battle points.
- 250 bond.
- 1,000,000 honey (multiplied by Honey From Tokens/2, if no amulet).
- 5 gumdrops.
- 3 royal jellies.
- 5 tickets.
- Moon charms (increments of 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, or 100).
- King Beetle Amulet (1/7 chance).
- 5-25 tickets.
- 1-25 royal jellies.
- Ant pass.
- 1-10 magic beans.
- 5-250 gumdrops.
- Eggs (chance of silver, gold, diamond, and/or star egg).
- 250 treats.
- 25 or 100 special treats (All kinds except for star treats and atomic treats. Chance to get multiple stacks, ex: 25 strawberries and 25 blueberries).
- Neonberries (increments of 1, 5, or 10).
- Star jelly.
- Enzymes (increments of 1 or 5).
- Night bell (Rare).
- Red extracts and/or blue extracts (increments of 1, 3, 5 or 10).
- Purple potions (increments of 1 or 3).
Defeating a King Beetle is challenging and he might kill you several times before you succeed (It's recommended that you don't fight King Beetle with a full bag). Here are some recommended strategies for defeating him:
- The Stop and Run Method. This method counts on the fact that King Beetle has a predictable pattern of behavior. He moves toward the player, stops to "aim", and then lunges. If you stay still long enough for him to aim (about 3 seconds), but then quickly move away, he will lunge at where you used to be, not where you're at now. Thus, this method entails running along the edge of the lair, stopping, looking at King Beetle and waiting for him to lock onto you, and then quickly jumping and running to a different point along the edge of the lair. Rinse and repeat until he is defeated.
- Circling King Beetle. This method allows your bees to defeat King Beetle faster. If you keep circling King Beetle while keeping a good distance from him, your bees can get very close to King Beetle. You might get hit the first few times, but you should get it.
- Running along the perimeter of the lair. This method takes a long time, but it works. Run around the lair and sometimes look at his health. It's very helpful if you have Rage Bees, so you can run around and grab the tokens. However, if you are too far away from him, your bees will come back to you rather than attacking him. Building up maximum Haste can help, although it may run out before they'll finish. Using the Parachute or Glider can also help since gliding through the air can be faster than running.
- If you are certain that your bees will kill him before you die, you can just wait for your bees to defeat him while you stand in front of King Beetle, doing nothing during the process
- The spike attacks from Rogue Vicious Bee. If a Rogue Vicious Bee is active in the Clover Field, you can trick it into damaging King Beetle.
Look Out For...
With all methods, there are some things to watch out for.
- If you get too far from King Beetle, your bees will follow you instead of attacking him, but if you get too close, it's very easy to get caught in his aura which will damage you.
- If more than one player is trying to fight King Beetle at the same time, his pattern of behavior can become less predictable. It can also be difficult to tell which King Beetle is targeting you. For best results, wait for the other player's King Beetle to be defeated.
- If your bees' levels are lower than 7, their attempts to attack will most likely miss. This will make defeating it take very long.
- When dodging King Beetle, keep in mind he does not follow directly behind you but can sidestep to get in your way.
Some things can help you defeat King Beetle, regardless of which strategy you choose.
- Having more bees and having bees with high attack power such as Lion Bee, Crimson Bee, Cobalt Bee, Rage Bee and Brave Bee.
- Having high-level bees so attacks don't miss (recommended level 5-7 with at least one Rage Bee and 20 bees).
- Wearing an accessory that can boost Bee Attack, Movespeed, Jump Power, or Defense, such as guards.
- Collecting rage, focus and melody tokens can be helpful, especially if you have fewer bees. Collecting haste and bear morph tokens can also help dodge King Beetle's attack.
- While it is possible to defeat King Beetle using the arrow keys to move, WASD is the suggested method, because it allows you to keep looking at King Beetle while you're moving.
- The Parachute or Glider can be used to quickly get out of King Beetle's attack path.
- Having at least 20-25 bees with all of them at least level 7 is a pretty good time to defeat King Beetle.
- In the back right corner of the lair, there is something written on the floor. This is a hint for a code.
- (The clue is "Song Name", which refers to the music that plays in the lair. If you check Onett's inventory, you'll see that it's called Crawlers.)
- Due to a bug, if the player gets the King Beetle stuck on the clue 'Song Name' by standing in the top right corner, King Beetle cannot attack them.
- King Beetle was the first boss to be added to the game.
- King Beetle has the fifth-largest amount of health in the game for any mob, with Tunnel Bear being the fourth, Coconut Crab the third, Mondo Chick the second, and Stump Snail the first. On certain occasions, Rogue Vicious Bee, Wild Windy Bee, aphids, and Stick Bug will have more health depending on their level. In this case, King Beetle can be considered the weakest boss in terms of health.
- King Beetle and Stump Snail are the only mobs that can drop an item that can be equipped on the player, the King Beetle Amulet and the Shell Amulet respectively.
- There was a myth that clicking on King Beetle has an effect. However, this was disproven as Onett has confirmed that King Beetle does not even have a click detector.
- Before the 7/11/2018 update, King Beetle took two days to respawn after being defeated, granted more battle points and despawned after about 5 minutes.
- King Beetle is a hybrid of a rhino beetle and a ladybug, as stated by Onett on Discord. Onett also stated that he emits toxins that make you hallucinate, which is why both he and his lair are strangely colored.
- If there is a sprout in the Clover Field, the player will be able to see a light column emitted from it in King Beetle's Lair, and if there is a Rogue Vicious Bee or a tamed Vicious Bee using impale in the Clover Field, the bottom of the spikes are visible. If there is a spike from Vicious Bee, the player can activate Vicious Bee from under. The spikes can damage King Beetle. Also, if there is a Cloud, the player will be able to see raindrops.
- An active King Beetle's health bar can be seen through the Clover Field and the Blue Flower Field.
|Normal||Ladybug • Rhino Beetle • Aphid • Spider • Mantis • Scorpion • Werewolf • Cave Monster • Ants • Stick Nymph|
|Mini-Bosses||Rogue Vicious Bee • Wild Windy Bee • Stump Snail • Commando Chick|
|Bosses||King Beetle • Tunnel Bear • Stick Bug • Coconut Crab • Mondo Chick|
|Passive||Firefly • Bean Bug • Frog • Chick • Hostage Chick • Spotted Chick|