The King Beetle is a level 7 boss mob that resides in his lair. The entrance to his lair is on the wall between the Blue Flower Field and the Clover Field, above the blue flower closest to the Blue HQ. He has a large amount of health (2,500) and deals 40 damage to the player per hit, assuming the player has no Defense.
He takes about 1 day to respawn after being defeated (20 hours and 24 minutes with a Gifted Vicious Bee). The rewards for defeating him vary, but always include 150 battle points, as well as some honey, royal jelly, tickets, and bond.
There is a one-in-seven (approximately 14%) chance that he will drop a King Beetle Amulet when defeated. Having more loot luck increases the probabilities of other drops, but doesn’t improve the probability of a King Beetle Amulet dropping. After the 2/1/2019 update, King Beetle drops honey tokens and rewards in a token circle around the place of his death like all other mobs (except for Stump Snail and Rogue Vicious Bee) unless the player receives a King Beetle Amulet.
- 150 battle points.
- 250 bond.
- 1,000,000 honey (multiplied by Honey From Tokens if no amulet is rewarded).
- 100 treats.
- 1-5 royal jellies.
- 5 tickets.
- 150 battle points.
- 250 bond.
- 1,000,000 honey (multiplied by Honey From Tokens/2, if no amulet).
- 5 gumdrops.
- 3 royal jellies.
- 5 tickets.
- Moon charms (increments of 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, or 100).
- King Beetle Amulet (1/7 chance).
- 5-25 tickets.
- 1-25 royal jellies.
- Ant pass.
- 1-10 magic beans.
- 5-250 gumdrops.
- Eggs (chance of silver, gold, diamond and/or star egg).
- 250 treats.
- 25 or 100 special treats (All kinds except for star treats and atomic treats. Chance to get multiple stacks, ex: 25 strawberries and 25 blueberries).
- Neonberries (increments of 1, 5, or 10).
- Star jelly.
- Enzymes (increments of 1 or 5).
- Night bell (Rare).
- Red extracts and/or blue extracts (increments of 1, 3, 5 or 10).
- Purple potions (increments of 1 or 3) (Rare).
- Peppermint antennas.
- Gingerbread bear (increments of 1, 3 or 5) (Rare).
Defeating a King Beetle is challenging and he might kill players several times before they succeed (It's recommended that players don't fight King Beetle with a full bag). Here are some recommended strategies for defeating him:
- The Stop and Run Method. This method counts on the fact that King Beetle has a predictable pattern of behavior. He moves toward the player, stops to "aim", and then lunges. If the player stays still long enough for him to aim (about 3 seconds), but then quickly move away, he will lunge at where the player used to be, not where they are at now. Thus, this method entails running along the edge of the lair, stopping, looking at King Beetle and waiting for him to lock onto the player, and then quickly jumping and running to a different point along the edge of the lair. Rinse and repeat until he is defeated.
- Circling King Beetle. This method allows the player's bees to defeat King Beetle faster. If they player keeps circling around their King Beetle while keeping a good distance from him, their bees can get very close to King Beetle. The player might get hit the first few times, but they should get it.
- Running along the perimeter of the lair. This method takes a long time, but it works. Run around the lair and occasionally look at his health. It's very helpful if players have Rage Bees, so they can run around and grab the tokens. However, if the player is too far away from him, their bees will come back to them rather than attacking the beetle. Building up maximum Haste can help, although it may run out before King Beetle gets defeated. Using the Parachute or Glider can also help since gliding through the air can be faster than running.
- If the player is certain that their bees will kill him before they die, they can just wait for their bees to defeat him while the player stands in front of King Beetle, doing nothing during the process.
- The spike attacks from Rogue Vicious Bee. If a Rogue Vicious Bee is active in the Clover Field, players can trick it into damaging King Beetle.
- Abusing a glitch method. Due to a bug, if the player gets the King Beetle stuck on the clue 'Song Name' by standing in the top right corner, King Beetle cannot attack them. This may take several attempts to work.
Look Out For...
With all methods, there are some things to watch out for.
- If the player gets too far from King Beetle, their bees will follow them instead of attacking him, but if the player gets too close, it's very easy to get caught in his aura which will damage them.
- If more than one player is trying to fight King Beetle at the same time, his pattern of behavior can become less predictable. It can also be difficult to tell which King Beetle is targeting them. For best results, wait for the other player's King Beetle to be defeated.
- If the player's bees' levels are lower than 7, their attempts to attack will most likely miss. This will make defeating it take a long time.
- When dodging King Beetle, keep in mind he does not follow directly behind the player but can sidestep to get in their way.
Some things can help the player defeat King Beetle, regardless of which strategy the player chooses.
- Having more bees and having bees with high attack power such as Lion Bee, Vicious Bee, Crimson Bee, Cobalt Bee, Rage Bee and Brave Bee.
- Having high-level bees so attacks don't miss (recommended level 5-7 with at least one Rage Bee and 20 bees).
- Wearing an accessory that can boost Bee Attack, Movespeed, Jump Power, or Defense, such as guards.
- Collecting rage, focus and melody tokens can be helpful, especially if the player has fewer bees. Collecting haste and bear morph tokens can also help dodge King Beetle's attack.
- While it is possible to defeat King Beetle using the arrow keys to move, WASD is the suggested method, because it allows the player to keep looking at King Beetle while they are moving.
- The Parachute or Glider can be used to quickly get out of King Beetle's attack path.
- Having at least 20-25 bees with all of them at least level 7 is a pretty good time to defeat King Beetle.
- Getting the king bee amulet is a 1/7 chance.
- In the back right corner of the lair, there is something written on the floor. This is a hint for a code.
- (The clue is "Song Name", which refers to the music that plays in the lair. If the player checks Onett's inventory, the user will see that it's called Crawlers.)
- King Beetle was the first boss to be added to the game.
- King Beetle has the fifth-largest amount of health in the game for any mob, with Tunnel Bear being the fourth, Coconut Crab the third, Mondo Chick the second, and Stump Snail the first. On certain occasions, Rogue Vicious Bee, Wild Windy Bee, aphids, and Stick Bug will have more health depending on their level. In this case, King Beetle can be considered the weakest boss in terms of health.
- King Beetle and Stump Snail are the only mobs that can drop an item that can be equipped on the player, the King Beetle Amulet and the Shell Amulet respectively.
- There was a myth that clicking on King Beetle has an effect. However, this was disproven as Onett has confirmed that King Beetle does not even have a click detector.
- Before the 7/11/2018 update, King Beetle took two days to respawn after being defeated, granted more battle points and despawned after about 5 minutes.
- King Beetle is a hybrid of a rhino beetle and a ladybug, as stated by Onett on Discord. Onett also stated that he emits toxins that makes the player hallucinate, which is why both he and his lair are strangely colored.
- If there is a sprout in the Clover Field, the player will be able to see a light column emitted from it in King Beetle's Lair, and if there is a Rogue Vicious Bee or a tamed Vicious Bee using impale in the Clover Field, the bottom of the spikes are visible. If there is a spike from Vicious Bee, the player can activate Vicious Bee from under. The spikes can damage King Beetle. Also, if there is a Cloud, the player will be able to see raindrops.
- An active King Beetle's health bar can be seen through the Clover Field and the Blue Flower Field.
- King Beetle is the only boss that does not have a time limit to kill it.
|Normal||Ladybug • Rhino Beetle • Aphid • Spider • Mantis • Scorpion • Werewolf • Cave Monster • Ants • Stick Nymph|
|Mini-Bosses||Rogue Vicious Bee • Wild Windy Bee • Stump Snail • Commando Chick|
|Bosses||King Beetle • Tunnel Bear • Stick Bug • Coconut Crab • Mondo Chick|
|Passive||Firefly • Bean Bug • Frog • Chick • Hostage Chick • Spotted Chick|