To activate it, jump, wait until you are at the point when you are about to fall back down, then jump again: if you just jumped into the air, jump once more, but if you got airborne through some other method (a cannon, for example), then double-jump. To disengage it, just jump in the air while it is out.
The primary use of the Parachute is to glide to places on the map that would otherwise be inaccessible. It is thus vital to collecting many of the Royal Jelly and ticket tokens around the map and to perform several shortcuts. The Parachute can also be used to dodge mobs since most of them can't "see" you while you're in the air.
- If you time the moment when you hit the floor, you happen to jump higher.
- There is also a small chance that you will slightly be launched forward.
- The Parachute's gliding speed is not affected by Haste.
- If you enable Shift-lock, you can slightly strafe to one side while using the gliding tools.
- The parachute is slower than walking.