This is one of the first mobs a player will encounter when starting the game (the other being the ladybug).
It takes 5 minutes for a rhino beetle to respawn after being defeated (4 minutes 15 seconds with Gifted Vicious Bee). Defeating it gives 1 battle point and about 75 honey spread across 4 honey tokens. Various other rewards can also be given, which the possibility of getting them can be increased with Loot Luck.
Rhino beetle levels range from 1-5, depending on the field it spawns in.
|Blue Flower Field||1||1|
|Clover Field||1 (with 1 ladybug)||2|
|Bamboo Field||2||2 (on left)
3 (on right)
|Pineapple Patch||1 (with 1 mantis)||5|
- 1 battle point.
- ~75 honey.
- Tickets (2% chance) (Loot Luck: + Drop rate, increments of 1, 5, or 15).
- Blueberries (Loot Luck: + Drop rate, increments of 1, 5, or 10).
- Gumdrops (Loot Luck: + Drop rate, increments of 1, 5, 10, 25, or 50).
- Bumble Bee egg.
- Royal jelly.
- Treats (1-25).
- Blue extracts (Increments of 1 or 3).
- Magic beans.
- Rhino beetles behave similarly to most mobs: it pauses to aim, then lunges. If the player stops to let them aim, then move, it will attack the spot where the player used to be, not the player's current location.
- Some fields have objects that the player can try hiding behind, such as the stalks of bamboo in the Bamboo Field.
- The Frozen Field Defenders Glitch works very well against rhino beetles.
- The respawn timer for a rhino beetle currently counts down from 5 minutes (previously, it was 5 minutes and 15 seconds). However, as with most mobs, a rhino beetle doesn't always respawn immediately after its timer runs out.
- The rhino beetle is the most common mob, having five distinct spawning points.
- There is a mob similar to the rhino beetle called the King Beetle. In fact, King Beetle is a hybrid, made up of a ladybug and a rhino beetle, as stated by Onett on Discord.
- It has the lowest health out of all mobs, with merely 10 health at level 1.
- The Bumble Bee egg is the rarest drop of the rhino beetle.
- The rhino beetle guards the most fields; 4.
|Normal||Ladybug • Rhino Beetle • Aphid • Spider • Mantis • Scorpion • Werewolf • Cave Monster • Ants • Stick Nymph|
|Mini-Bosses||Rogue Vicious Bee • Wild Windy Bee • Stump Snail • Commando Chick|
|Bosses||King Beetle • Tunnel Bear • Stick Bug • Coconut Crab • Mondo Chick|
|Passive||Firefly • Bean Bug • Frog • Chick • Hostage Chick • Spotted Chick|