Royal Jelly is an inventory item that can be found as a token on the map, received as quest rewards, redeeming valid codes, or purchased from various shops or dispensers. When used on a bee, it turns it into either a Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythic, Gifted Rare, Gifted Epic, Gifted Legendary, or Gifted Mythic bee.
The probabilities are a 70% chance of getting a Rare, 27% chance of getting an Epic, 3% chance of getting a Legendary and a 0.004% (1 in 25,000) chance of getting a Mythic. There is also a 0.4% (1 in 250) chance that using a royal jelly will result in a Gifted Bee.
Royal jelly does not necessarily turn a bee into a better rarity. For instance, if you use it on a Legendary bee, you have the same 70% chance of getting a Rare bee as if you had used it on a Basic Bee.
As of the 4/17/2019 update, royal jelly tokens are back to their original spots.
Methods of Obtaining
There are numerous methods to obtain royal jelly.
- Completing Brown Bear's quests every hour will reward one or more royal jellies along with other items. Other bears give royal jelly less frequently.
- Completing Black Bear's Diamond Egg quests and Mythic Egg quests will reward one or more royal jellies.
- Completing every Spirit Bear's quests will often reward multiple royal jellies. The amount is generally increases with each further quest taken.
- There is a Royal Jelly Shop near the Red HQ, where you can buy a royal jelly for 100,000 honey initially. The price will increase by 2,500 honey each purchase until capping at 1,000,000 honey.
- The Royal Jelly Dispenser near the Slingshot, Clover Field, Noob Shop, and Dandelion Field dispenses them for 6 tickets each while also giving 10x Haste.
- Royal jelly can be purchased individually or in 10-packs from the Robux Shop. It costs 45 Robux for one royal jelly and 300R$ for 10 royal jellies.
- Defeating mobs may yield royal jelly.
- Royal jellies can be found in different hidden and hard to reach locations. These jellies can only be obtained once for every player (In other words, they do not respawn).
- Royal jelly can be claimed using the dispenser in the Star Hall every 22 hours. The number of royal jellies you obtain depends on the number of Gifted bees are in your hive.
- Finishing the Ant Challenge will give at least 2 royal jellies with the quantity increasing as your score increases.
- Royal jelly can also naturally spawn in fields, but the probability is extremely low.
- Completely growing a sprout may produce royal jelly tokens depending on the type of sprout.
- From the sparkles made by the faces that can appear on certain objects or by fireflies.
- Finishing the Stick Bug Challenge or drops from stick nymphs during it.
- As a drop from Festive Gifts.
- A reward from Memory Match.
- As a drop from the Wind Shrine.
- Through a Cub Buddy gift.
- Opening the Colorful Present (no longer obtainable).
Arranged roughly in order of minimum bees/items required. Not all possible methods are listed here. For example, almost any place that can be reached using the Yellow Cannon plus the parachute can also be reached using the Blue or Red Cannon plus the Glider.
- No bees are required.
- 5 bees are required.
- On a bamboo shoot in the Bamboo Field (Parkour starting between the Bamboo Field and the Spider Field. Alternatively, parachute/glide down from a suitable high spot).
- In the blue ramp near the Bamboo Field (Enter the tunnel either by walking along the ledge toward Blue HQ or dropping down into the area between Blue HQ's roof and Science Bear's platform. Alternatively, jump up from the Bamboo Field using enhanced jumping ability).
- Enhanced jumping ability OR the Parachute/Glider are required.
- On a hill behind Brown Bear (If you can, just jump up from in front of Brown Bear; otherwise, parachute/glide down from a suitable higher place, such as the roof of Blue HQ).
- 4 blue bee types discovered are required.
- Upstairs inside the Blue HQ.
- 10 bees are required.
- Parachute/Glider plus 12 bee types and 10 bees are required.
- 15 bees are required.
- 15 bees plus 4 red bee types OR enhanced jumping ability are required.
- 15 bees plus Parachute/Glider are required.
- On top of a tree in the Pine Tree Forest (Using the parachute/glider, parkour along the white cliffs starting near the Polar Bear. This one is much, much easier with the Red Cannon and parachute/glider, though, so don't waste too much time falling off cliffs).
- At the end of a dark tunnel above the Pro Shop - it's the one you can tantalizingly see, but not reach when you're doing the parkour for the pine tree one (Parachute down and around from the ramp to the Lion Bee Gate. Make sure to start by jumping up, and make as small a circle as possible onto the roof of the shop. Alternatively, if you have 25 bees, just walk off the edge of the Mountain Top Field).
- 25 bee types are required.
- On top of the Mountain Top Shop (Launch yourself from the Red Cannon, then try to land on the top of the shop. Also, it’s much easier if you use a parachute).
- Behind the Onett statue/NPC on top of the sixth beehive (Launch yourself from the Red Cannon, then deploy the parachute once you're high enough up to curve back around to the top of the hive. Alternatively, you may be able to reach this one with the other cannons + Parachute + perseverance, or jump from the top of the Puppy Bee on the ticket tent with enough speed and jump power).
- Need 30 bees plus at night.
- On top of the 30 bee area in the front of Bubble Bee Man (Parkour starting at the right of the big platform from the entrance where Onett and the lid are on there).
Royal Jelly Variants
Besides its normal form, there are other variants of Royal Jelly that have different effects on the bee it is applied to.
- Event Bee jelly - Royal jelly specific to a single Event bee that is kept permanently. These are obtained after hatching the Event bee egg of their type, and can only be used when the specific bee is not in the hive.
- Bear Bee jelly (It will turn any bee into a Bear Bee).
- Photon Bee jelly (It will turn any bee into a Photon Bee).
- Tabby Bee jelly (It will turn any bee into a Tabby Bee).
- Gummy Bee jelly (It will turn any bee into a Gummy Bee).
- Cobalt Bee jelly (It will turn any bee into a Cobalt Bee).
- Crimson Bee jelly (It will turn any bee into a Crimson Bee).
- Puppy Bee jelly (It will turn any bee into a Puppy Bee).
- Vicious Bee jelly (It will turn any bee into a Vicious Bee).
- Festive Bee jelly (It will turn any bee into a Festive Bee).
- Windy Bee jelly (It will turn any bee into a Windy Bee).
- Other Bee jelly - Royal Jelly specific to a single non-Event bee that is single-use. Primarily obtained from limited-time codes.
- Basic Bee jelly (Obtained from the code DontUseThisJelly [Expired]; it will turn any bee into a Basic Bee).
- Bumble Bee jelly (Obtained from completing B.B.M Mission quest from Bubble Bee Man in the 30 Bee Area and from the codes "BeeDay2019" [Expired] and "Cubly" [Valid]; it will turn any bee into a Bumble Bee).
- Hasty Bee jelly (Obtained from receiving Bee Bear's Beesmas Blitz quest and from the code HasteHelper [Expired]; it will turn any bee into a Hasty Bee).
- Rad Bee jelly (Obtained from the code Nonchalant and Strawbeary [Both expired]; it will turn any bee into a Rad Bee).
- Rascal Bee jelly (Obtained from the code MischiefMaker [Expired]; it will turn any bee into a Rascal Bee).
- Looker Bee jelly (Obtained from the code ThoseEyes [Expired]; it will turn any bee into a Looker Bee).
- Bubble Bee jelly (Obtained from completing B.B.M Mission Quest from Bubble Bee Man in the 30 Bee Area; it will turn any bee into a Bubble Bee).
- Commander Bee jelly (Obtained from the code Keen4 [Expired]; it will turn any bee into a Commander Bee).
- Demo Bee jelly (Obtained from the code Poke [Expired]; it will turn any bee into a Demo Bee).
- Exhausted Bee jelly (Obtained from the codes OnettJelly and CantSleep [Both expired] it will turn any bee into an Exhausted Bee).
- Rage Bee jelly (Obtained from giving a present to Panda Bear or by receiving Brown Bear's Egg Hunt 2020 quest, "Commando Chick's Hideout"; it will turn any bee into a Rage Bee).
- Shocked Bee jelly (Obtained from the valid code SecretProfileCode; it will turn any bee into a Shocked Bee).
- Music Bee jelly (Obtained through the Funky Present; it will turn any bee into a Music Bee).
Star jellies will randomly turn any bee into a gifted bee with the same rarity chances as normal royal jelly.
- Certain quests are guaranteed to give star jellies, while others are randomized.
- There is a chance to get a star jelly for doing Black Bear's repeatable quests.
- Obtained by finishing all of the quests in Black Bear's star jelly questline, or by completing Bubble Trouble and Pollen Fetcher 6 on the Mythic Egg questline.
- Obtained by finishing Science Bear's Beesperanto and Epistemological Endeavor quests.
- Obtained by finishing the 90th and 195th quest from Brown Bear.
- Obtained by finishing the 5th, 15th, and 21st - 30th quests from Spirit Bear.
- Obtained by finishing the 25th quest from Gifted Bucko Bee or Gifted Riley Bee.
- Can be crafted using the Blender (100 royal jellies, 3 glitter).
- Obtained from Robux packs.
- A guaranteed drop from Stump Snail and Coconut Crab.
- A chance of being a drop from a werewolf, Mondo Chick, Tunnel Bear, Stick Bug, and King Beetle, or from capturing Commando Chick 15 times.
- There is a chance to get a star jelly from defeating Wild Windy Bee.
- If your score is 10M+ in the Stick Bug Challenge, you are guaranteed at least 1 star jelly. The higher your score, the more you get.
- There is a chance to get a star jelly from the Clover Field and leaves.
- Every 10 quests completed from Honey Bee (NPC) rewards a star jelly.
- There is a chance to get a star jelly from a Festive Gift.
- There is a chance to get a star jelly from nudging fireflies.
- Obtained from Rare, Epic, Legendary, Supreme, and Moon sprouts.
- A reward from Mega, Night, and Extreme Memory Matches.
- A slim chance of obtaining through a Cub Buddy gift.
- Catching a meteor has a small chance to award a star jelly.
- One on top of blender at Badge Bearer's Guild and one behind the big hive at the Ace Badge area.
- A token near Gummy Bear in Gummy Bear's Lair.
- Behind the glass wall in the Blue Maze that is accessed by going through the wall behind the Petal Shop.
Common bees (Basic Bee) - 0%
Rare bees (Bomber, Brave, Bumble, Cool, Hasty, Looker, Rad, Rascal, and Stubborn Bees) ~ 1/2 chance (70%)
Epic bees (Bubble, Bucko, Commander, Demo, Exhausted, Fire, Frosty, Honey, Rage, Riley, and Shocked Bees) ~ 1/4 chance (27%)
Legendary bees (Baby, Carpenter, Demon, Diamond, Lion, Music, Ninja, and Shy Bees) - 1/33 chance (3%)
Mythic bees (Fuzzy, Spicy, Tadpole, and Vector Bees) - 1/25,000 chance (0.004%)
Event bees (Bear, Cobalt, Crimson, Festive, Gummy, Photon, Puppy, Tabby, Vicious, and Windy Bees) - 0%
Gifted bees (Any of these bees except Event and Basic Bees, but gifted) - 1/250 chance (0.4%)
Gifted Rare bee (Bomber, Brave, Bumble, Cool, Hasty, Looker, Rad, Rascal, and Stubborn Bees) - 1/357 chance (0.28%)
Gifted Epic bees (Bubble, Bucko, Commander, Demo, Exhausted, Fire, Frosty, Honey, Rage, Riley, and Shocked Bees) - 1/925 chance (0.108%)
Gifted Legendary bees (Baby, Carpenter, Demon, Diamond, Lion, Music, Ninja, and Shy Bees) - 1/8,333 chance (0.012%)
Gifted Mythic bees (Fuzzy, Spicy, Tadpole, and Vector Bees) - 1/6,250,000 chance (0.000016%)
Other uses of Royal Jelly
- 10 royal jellies each are required for crafting blue extract, red extract, oil, enzymes, or glue (Not just royal jelly is required, other ingredients are required as well depending on the crafting item).
- 100 royal jellies (and 3 glitter) are required to craft a star jelly.
- 3 star jellies, 3 neonberries, 3 purple potions, and 3 tropical drinks are required to craft a super smoothie.
- 10 and 25 star jellies, along with other items, are used to craft the Petal Wand and Petal Belt respectively.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Propeller Hat, Bear Morph, and boots increase your ability to jump. Increased Haste can also help.
- 2. Event jellies have infinite uses; as long as the hive does not already have that bee, you can use the jelly.
- 3. Sun Bear gave a hint about the Royal Jelly on top of the Ticket Tent in his dialogue.
- 4. When you’re transforming any bee with a royal jelly, the number of exclamation marks after the bee's name will be the same as that bee's tier. Rare = 1 exclamation mark (!), Epic = 2 exclamation marks (!!), Legendary/Event = 3 exclamation marks (!!!) and Mythic = 4 exclamation marks (!!!!).
- 5. Using a specific jelly on said bee (eg. using a Bubble Bee Jelly on a Bubble Bee) will not use the jelly, and no transformation pop-up will appear.
- 6. Event Bee jellies can't make the bee gifted even if it was gifted before.
- 7. The plural for royal jelly is incorrectly spelled as 'Royal Jellys', rather than 'Royal Jellies'. This is a mistake that has happened with other items with a plural form that exchanges a 'y' for 'ies'.
- 8. Using a normal jelly on a gifted/mutated bee will almost CERTAINLY make the bee lose its mutated/gifted status.