|"A device used to decipher languages you don't understand."|
Its description reads, "A device used to decipher languages you don't understand.”
To use a translator, talk to the NPC you want to use the translator on. The NPC will talk to you in its language, and then there will be the option to give the translator to the NPC or leave. Click the option to give the translator if you want to talk to that NPC.
Translators are single-use - once you give an NPC a translator, the translator will be taken away from your inventory, but you will be able to speak with them forever. If you accidentally use a translator on an NPC, you can leave the game as the translator only gets taken away after you finish speaking to that NPC.
You can obtain three translators, all three from Science Bear. He provides the player with a translator when the following quests are completed: 'Limits of Language', 'Beesperanto', and 'Epistemological Endeavor’.
- The player can acquire a total of three translators throughout the game so that they can speak to all three of the NPCs that require translators.
- Without translators, it is impossible to take quests, receive rewards, talk or give presents to Gifted Bucko Bee, Stick Bug, and Gifted Riley Bee.
- Translators were originally implemented in the 11/25/2018 update when Science Bear received an additional 10 quests. Only two were available at that time, as the third could only be obtained in Epistemological Endeavor, which is Science Bear's last quest. His last 5 quests weren't added until 12/19/2018, thus making the total amount of translators available 2 at that time.
- There is a 5 quest difference between each translator, Limits of Language being the 21st quest, Beesperanto being the 26th, and Epistemological Endeavor being the 31st.
- This is one of the two unique items obtained by a bear, the other being the spirit petal.