The White Tunnel
To enter the White Tunnel, go to the Instant Converter near the Pineapple Patch. Players can either jump through the chimney on the top or go in the right end of the Instant Converter and then drop down into the chute. Alternatively, players can climb up the hill to the Yellow Cannon/Science Bear and jump down from there.
Upon entering the White Tunnel, players will land in a small entryway with two green walls and two white walls. One of the white walls looks semi-transparent. Go through the semi-transparent white wall to find the tunnel. However, players need to go swiftly, because once they go through the white wall, Tunnel Bear will quickly drop down through the roof near the entrance. The walls will also gradually get narrower, making it harder to turn back as players head deeper into the White Tunnel.
If Tunnel Bear does not appear and instead a countdown timer floats in mid-air, then that means the player defeated it too recently, so they will need to wait for the countdown on the respawn timer to finish before battling Tunnel Bear again.
To exit the White Tunnel, stand on top of the Teleport Pad and use it. The Teleport Pad looks like a flat gray circle that sits in the middle of the White Tunnel.
Tunnel Bear possesses 10,000 health and can instantly kill players if they get too close to Tunnel Bear ("Too close" does not mean the same as "touching"). However, Tunnel Bear moves very slowly at a constant speed without ever speeding up, and on a very predictable path as it heads straight towards the player's location. Because of this, players could follow the recommended strategy of walking in front of Tunnel Bear, staying just close enough for their bees to keep attacking, and lead it down the tunnel.
For an alternative strategy, keep Tunnel Bear near the beginning of the White Tunnel, keep close to one of the walls on the sides, and occasionally jump around Tunnel Bear. This alternative will only work at the beginning (before the exit) because the White Tunnel narrows down the further players go down it, trapping them if they head too far in it. However, this should be the chosen strategy for the first defeat as to ensure getting the gifted egg.
When the player has many level 9 bees, the player can just walk normally because the bees will defeat it before the player reaches the end.
When Tunnel Bear spawns, players will only get two and a half minutes to defeat it. The countdown timer sits directly above its head, showing how much time remains for players to defeat it until it despawns. Note that it takes Tunnel Bear less than two and a half minutes to traverse the entire length of the White Tunnel.
Note that unlike other mobs, Tunnel Bear drops its tokens in a straight line when it gets defeated.
Guaranteed (first defeat)
- 200 battle points.
- 1000 bond for each of your bees (Increased by Bond From Battle).
- Honey (Increased by Honey From Tokens).
- Any type of gifted egg (Silver, gold, diamond, or star egg).
Guaranteed (subsequent defeats)
- 200 battle points.
- 1000 bond for each of your bees (Increased by Bond From Battle).
- 5 royal jellies.
- 10 tickets.
- 20 moon charms.
- Gingerbread Bears (increments of 1 or 5).
- 5,000,000 Honey (Increased by Honey From Tokens).
Possible (subsequent defeats)
Note: Players can possibly get more than one of a single type of drop (for example, 50 treats and 500 treats from the same defeat). Note also that the likelihood of all of these drops increases based on Loot Luck.
- Royal jellies (Increments of 5, 10, 20, or 50).
- Tickets (Increments of 10, 15, 25, 50, or 100).
- Gumdrops (Increments of 25-250).
- Ant pass.
- Treats (Increments of 15-50, 100, 500, 5000 or 50000).
- Sunflower seeds (Increments of 50-500).
- Pineapples (Increments of 50-500).
- Baby Bee Egg. (Rare)
- Enzymes (Increments of 1, 3, 5 or 10).
- Oil (Increments of 1, 3, 5 or 10).
- Magic beans (Increments of 1, 3, 5, or 10).
- Star jellies (Possibility of getting multiple). (Somewhat Rare)
- Glitter (Increments of 1, 5, 10, or 25).
- Moon charms (Increments of 5-100).
- A silver egg, gold egg or diamond egg.
- Gifted egg (Silver, gold, or diamond) (Possibility of getting more than one type). (Rare)
- Star egg. (Very Rare)
- Micro-converters (Increments of 1, 5, or 10).
- Night bell. (Rare)
- Purple potions (Increments of 1). (Rare)
- Super Smoothie (Increments of 1). (Very Rare)
- Gingerbread Bear (Increments of 1-5).
- Beesmas Tree Hat.
Tips to Defeat
- Own bees with a high attack stat. Bees such as Cobalt Bee, Brave Bee, Crimson Bee, Demon Bee, Vicious Bee, Lion Bee, Riley Bee, Bucko Bee and Rage Bee deal higher amounts of damage than other bees, making them more useful when fighting Tunnel Bear (or any other mob).
- Own bees that boost fighting stats. Some specific bees will raise the effectiveness of the entire hive, either by boosting Attack (Gifted Rage Bee, Gifted Brave Bee, or Gifted Lion Bee), by boosting Critical Chance (Music Bee or Gifted Commander Bee) or by boosting Critical Power (Gifted Looker Bee or Gifted Tabby Bee).
- Own bees that create Token Link tokens. Music Bee, Rage Bee, Exhausted Bee, and Shocked Bee possess the Token Link ability. Using the Paper Angel beequip on a bee teaches it Token Link as well. If a token appears too close to Tunnel Bear, use the Token Link instead of going back to get said token. That way, the player will not need to risk getting killed.
- Level up bees to Level 9 or higher. Bees with a lower level than the mob will most likely miss when they attack. Bees with levels much lower than the level of the mob will have a higher chance of missing their attacks on the mob. Bees with an equal Level or higher Level than the mob will never miss it.
- Stay logical. If players know that they cannot beat Tunnel Bear with the length of the tunnel, or if they keep dying, they should not keep trying to continue battling it. Instead, they should focus on getting better bees and equipment that can help them defeat it.
- Move a distance from the start of the White Tunnel. Tunnel Bear can drop down at unexpected moments, instantly crushing players upon impact, but if they make sure to keep a safe distance, Tunnel Bear will lay flat for a second before getting up and chasing players through the White Tunnel.
- When Tunnel Bear gets to low health, do not do risky actions. Whenever Tunnel Bear gets to low health, DO NOT attempt to go for tokens, such as rage tokens that sit near Tunnel Bear. Just keep going until it gets defeated.
- Keep a safe distance away from the Tunnel Bear. Players often die because they do not keep their distance. The farther players stay away from Tunnel Bear, the more space they get to collect tokens, but they should not stray out of the range that bees attack within, or the bees will stop fighting and just follow you.
- Know a method. If players decide to do the turn around method, they should remember to avoid going past the Teleport Pad or back into the drop location since the Teleport Pad will prevent players from successfully turning around, while the entryway will cause Tunnel Bear to despawn.
- Own a Cub Buddy. Cub Buddies can help by collecting tokens, so owning a Cub Buddy can let the tokens that sit behind Tunnel Bear get collected in order to make the battle easier. Players can also use the alternative strategy, though it's riskier.
- Use stingers. This is recommended, as players should save them for Vicious Bee, but stingers can help to get the last bit of damage needed before Tunnel Bear despawns.
- Equip the Fire Mask or Demon Mask. Both masks grant some sort of boost to Bee Attack.
- Get attack mutations. Players can either feed atomic treats to guarantee a mutation, or feed neonberries first to make it radioactive, and then use bitterberries to have a higher chance of making the bee mutated.
- Empty your bag. If you're going to try and defeat it, there's a chance you might die and lose your pollen. It's your choice if you can convert your bag to prevent that from happening.
- Tunnel Bear's location is revealed by Panda Bear in his quest "Ultimate Ant Annihilation 5"
- Tunnel Bear (1000 damage) and cave monsters (10000 damage) are the most powerful mobs (in terms of damage, as they can instantly kill players upon contact) in the game.
- Tunnel Bear despawns at the end of the White Tunnel, which resets its health.
- When Tunnel Bear kills a player or despawns, it will wave goodbye and disappears. However, if Tunnel Bear despawns, it will respawn at the start of the tunnel and keep chasing the player.
- Tunnel Bear got added as the first of two Bears in the game that act hostile to players, with Gummy Bear acting as the second. Shadow Bear does not count because it does not kill players, the floor does.
- Sometimes, a glitch can happen where Tunnel Bear can spawn on top of the tunnel. If this happens, players can easily defeat it as it cannot reach them from above. However, if the timer runs out before they can defeat Tunnel Bear, then it will respawn back inside of the White Tunnel.
- Tunnel Bear uses the Cartoony Animation Pack, so when players die, it waves like Black Bear .
- Tunnel Bear possesses a hitbox a bit wider than his body, so players may not touch him and still die (This acts similar to King Beetle's "aura").
- Tunnel Bear serves as the second boss added to the game.
- Before the 11/25/2018 update, the White Tunnel did not gradually get narrower, so players could easily pass around Tunnel Bear.
- Tunnel Bear, Onett, and Gummy Bear acted "Naughty this year" , as stated by Bee Bear during Beesmas 2018.
- As of the 4/5/2019 update, a visible despawn timer currently sits above the HP count, which sets for 2 minutes and 30 seconds after Tunnel Bear spawns. This makes it much more difficult to defeat since players now cannot defeat the boss by circulating the tunnel numerous times with a low attack rate.
- Tunnel Bear is occasionally seen leaping into the tunnel from outside of the map.
- It, the Werewolf, The Snowbear, and Stick Bug are the only mobs with a humanoid model.
|Normal||Ladybug • Rhino Beetle • Aphid • Spider • Mantis • Scorpion • Werewolf • Cave Monster • Ants • Stick Nymph|
|Mini-Bosses||Rogue Vicious Bee • Wild Windy Bee • Stump Snail • Commando Chick|
|Bosses||King Beetle • Tunnel Bear • Stick Bug • Coconut Crab • Mondo Chick|
|Passive||Firefly • Bean Bug • Frog • Chick • Hostage Chick • Spotted Chick|